WIC is a supplemental nutrition program for Women (pregnant, postpartum and breastfeeding), Infants, and Children under the age of 5 years. WIC provides nutrition education, nutritious foods and breastfeeding education and support. WIC is an important part of your children’s lives during critical times of growth and development to make sure they can avoid health and growth problems.
- Nutrition assessment, education and counseling
- Vouchers to use at major grocery stores for nutritious foods including milk, eggs, cereal, fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and peanut butter or dried beans
- Referral to health and social service providers
- Breastfeeding education and support
- Breast pumps as needed for work or school
- Infant formula for infants not being exclusively breastfed
WIC is for people who live in Franklin County, meet income guidelines listed below and are at risk for medical or nutritional problems.
For appointments, bring:
Am I eligible for WIC?
- Proof of household income (check stubs, etc.)
- Identification (ID) that includes birth date
- Children under age 5 with ID that includes birth date
- Proof of address (piece of mail, etc.)
- If pregnant, a physician statement that will verify due date
- Your Medicaid or Food Stamp Card (if you receive these)
An applicant/participant must meet specific income guidelines to participate in WIC. The Ohio WIC program income guidelines are equal to185% of the HHS poverty income guidelines.
In order to be eligible for WIC, the gross countable income of the economic unit, of which the applicant/participant is a member, must be less than or equal to the Ohio WIC program income guidelines for economic unit size provided in the chart below.
Ohio WIC Income Guidelines, July 2012
IMPORTANT - Change in WIC Locations
Starting January 1, 2013 WIC Walk-In Clinic located at Columbus Public Health (240 Parsons Ave.) is moving its services.
Please call 645-7280 to get the phone number for the clinic closest to you of our 9 locations. Walk in appointments at 240 Parsons Ave. are open until December 31, 2012, and only to NEW clients.