Columbus and Franklin County Influenza Surveillance
Columbus Public Health and Franklin County Public Health collect information on influenza (flu) and influenza like illnesses from October through May each year.
Pneumonia and Influenza deaths in the City of Columbus
Number of students absent from the Columbus City Schools
Influenza-like illnesses reported from specific medical offices in Franklin County
Influenza-like illness and respiratory illness hospital emergency department and selected pediatric urgent care visits
Selected laboratory data
Over-the-counter medication sales from retailers
Hospitalizations for Influenza
This information is used:
2013-2014 Flu Season - By Week
- Week 47, 2013 (November 17, 2013 - November 23, 2013)
- Week 46, 2013 (November 10, 2013 - November 16, 2013)
- Week 45, 2013 (November 3, 2013 - November 9, 2013)
- Week 44, 2013 (October 27, 2013 - November 2, 2013)
- Week 43, 2013 (October 20, 2013 - October 26, 2013)
- Week 42, 2013 (October 13, 2013 - October 19, 2013)
- Week 41, 2013(October 6, 2013 - October 14, 2013)
- Week 40, 2013(September 29,2013 - October 5, 2013)
Draft Columbus and Franklin County Flu Activity Level Definitions
Draft Columbus and Franklin County Flu Intensity Level Definitions
Past Season Summaries
Health Disparities Brief - Focus on Influenza - Columbus, Ohio (Winter 2009)
To request previous Influenza Weekly Reports, contact us at email@example.com
All influenza activity reporting is voluntary and we thank all of our providers for their participation.
The latest weekly report of local influenza surveillance can also be found on the Communicable Disease Reporting System (CDRS) website.
For more information regarding influenza surveillance nationally go to the CDC website.