Healthy Children, Healthy Weights
Educators & Childcare Centers
Healthy Children, Healthy Weights (HCHW) focuses on early childhood because this is the time children are forming eating habits, developing good and bad feeling about their bodies, and figuring out what they like to do to be physically active. Adults are key role models during this stage.
Child care providers and educators are CRUCIAL to promoting lifestyles and skills in young children that will help them maintain a healthy weight throughout their lives. We can help you make changes that will make healthy choices the easy choice for the children you care for.
What We Provide
- Free Step Up to Quality approved trainings
- Free Healthy Children, Healthy Weights Toolbox
- Free site visits with a registered dietitian, to help you with:
- menu planning
- creating policies that promote healthy food options ad more physical activity
- becoming an Ohio Healthy Program
To attend local trainings or request a site visit, please complete the Enrollment Form. We will contact you soon.