Rabies Vaccination Clinics
Rabies is a virus that attacks the nerves and brain tissue of most mammals.
Learn more about rabies.
Low-cost rabies immunization clinics are sponsored by Columbus Public Health to help residents prevent this deadly disease.
All dogs, cats, and ferrets in Columbus and Franklin County are required to be vaccinated against rabies.
Franklin Park Indoor Adventure Center
1755 East Broad Street, Columbus, Ohio 43203
- January 24, 2014 from 1 - 4pm
- April 11, 2014 from 1 - 3pm
- July 11, 2014 - time TBD
- October 10, 2014 from 1 - 3pm
- Cost is $10 per vaccination (cash only).
- Dogs, cats and ferrets over 12 weeks of age are vaccinated at these clinics
- All animals must be on a leash or in an animal carrier.
- Pets between 3 months and 1 year of age will receive a 1 year rabies vaccination and tag. Ferrets will receive a 1 year rabies vaccination and tag.
- Dogs and cats over 1 year of age with a current rabies vaccination will receive a 3 year rabies vaccination and tag. Proof of current vaccination includes one of the following:
- A rabies vaccination certificate; or
- A current dated Columbus rabies tag on the pet's collar.
- Without proof of a current rabies vaccination, the pet will receive a 1 year rabies vaccination and tag.
Rabies Tag Number Search
Learn about the online rabies tag number search in Columbus and Franklin County.
5 Important Things to Know Before and After Your Pet is Vaccinated
- This is a low-cost clinic that does not include a physical examination of the animal.
- Before the veterinarian administers the vaccine you should notify the veterinary staff if your pet has had a previous vaccine reaction.
- Before leaving the vaccination clinic, notify the veterinary staff if your pet has trouble breathing, facial swelling, vomits, has diarrhea, begins to scratch excessively or develops any change in behavior that concerns you.
- The veterinary staff reserves the right not to vaccinate any animal.
- If your pet becomes sick after leaving the clinic, please contact your local veterinarian for help.